VENT Limited (Vaughan's Excavator N Truck) was first started by Vaughan as a mobile mechanic service to the Marlborough Region, which has been running for over 5 years. He has over 16 years experience as a mechanic. Vaughan's late Grandfather Vern Anderson had a large workshop in the late 80's early 90's in Marlborough and he remembers being driven around in International's & Nissan Trucks and Farm Machinery to and from the local A&P shows spending Saturday mornings with his Grandfather and workers in the workshop.
Vaughan has also spent time working abroad in Sydney for a company called Patrick Logistics where he gained experience working on forklifts from 2.5 to 90 Ton and has also done a lot of hydraulic repairs and maintenance. This has helped Vaughan gain a lot of engineering experience from his boss Kirwan Barr.
Vaughan then came back to Blenheim and worked for a local company where he ran the workshop, gaining more experience with earth moving machinery.
Vaughan's qualifications consist of Heavy Road Transport and Plant & Machinery Equipment that was gained through MITO.
- Vaughan started the business as a sole trader before forming VENT Limited in 2013.
- 2015 saw VENT move into new purpose built premises at the Riverlands Roadhouse on State Highway 1 in Blenheim.
- 2016 saw VENT partner with Cummins to become the only authorised Marlborough agents for Cummins.
- 2018 saw VENT partner with IVECO to become the only authorised Marlborough agents for IVECO.
- 2019 saw VENT add another building, giving them four extra bays and making them the largest workshop in Marlborough.
- 2019 saw VENT partner with Scania, continuing to be the only Scania agent in Marlborough (VENT had this previously but Scania was formerly part of CablePrice).
It is our mission to perform high quality work and to fully satisfy our customers.
To develop and maintain long term client relationships, to exceed our clients needs and expectations and to be the best service provider in our region.
Our company is committed to providing maintenance solutions for the businesses we serve, to provide the best quality in available products and the highest professional service and workmanship. To ensure our employees have a safe working environment.